Managing a hectic schedule is an art that absolutely no one does perfectly all of the time. Some days we have it all figured out while others we are a complete mess...well at least I am. Now, balancing a crazy schedule and healthy lifestyle brings on a whole new challenge, if you are unprepared.
We've all had those days where we forgot or simply didn't have the time to pack lunch. At that moment we see our hopes of having a healthy and balanced diet for that day go down the drain. We end up eating fast food or snacks from the vending machine for lunch or worse, we don't eat lunch at all.
After going down that road a few times, I learned that I had to K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Shavise). I was trying to make my lunches too extravagant and it became too time consuming for me to keep up with. So, I started testing a few ideas for wraps and consistently this chicken wrap came out the winner.
One thing that I really love about this dish is that it is extremely versatile. There almost seems to be no limit on the number of flavor combinations you can use for this wrap. This is definitely not one of those recipes that you sends you out to the market hunting for specific ingredients. So relax, have some fun with this dish and make it your own!
- 1/2 Tortilla
- Seasoned chicken breast
- About 1/3 cup sauteed (Kale, Red Bell Pepper, Onion-as seen in photos)
- 2 tablespoons of Caesar Dressing (or spread of your choice)
- 1/4 cup Shredded Cheese
1. Season and cook chicken. Slice chicken on a bias
2. Sauté the kale, bell pepper and onion
3. Cut tortilla in half. (1 tortilla will make 2 wraps)
4. Spread dressing onto tortilla
5. Add kale, bell pepper, onion and chicken
6. Top with shredded cheese
7. Fold into a triangle
8. Grill until cheese has melted (or enjoy as is)
**Be sure to wrap in plastic wrap if you are not eating it right away**