Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is also the most SKIPPED meal of the day. I get it....your alarm goes off, you quickly shower and pull yourself together in enough time to head out of the door. How could you possibly fit in time to prepare, let alone eat breakfast?
Well unless you've been living under a rock, I'm pretty sure you have heard of the phrase 'meal prepping'. You might have even tried it a few times. Other than having lunch and dinner figured out for a few days ahead, you can do the same with breakfast.
Now the 'Mini Omelets' is not an original recipe that I've created from scratch. There are a number of variations of this same dish available on Pinterest. However, I do like to put my own spin on it to add more variety.
6-8 eggs beaten (or use liquid egg whites)
[Flavors to Try]
- Vegetables: chopped: kale, spinach, bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, carrots, onions, leeks, broccoli
- Meats: diced ham, diced turkey bacon, sausage, pancetta, chorizo
- Cheese: shredded cheddar, crumbled feta, shredded parmesan
- Seasoning/Herbs: cayenne, pepper, salt, basil, thyme, dill, garlic chives, parsley, tarragon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease the bottoms and sides of cups in muffin pan. This will ensure a stick-free removal once the omelets are done.
2. Beat 6-8 eggs (you can also use egg whites) and season with salt and pepper or any of the herbs and spices listed above.
3. Prep selected fillings, then load into greased cups in muffin pan
4. Pour in egg batter (be sure to leave a little space at the top because the eggs will rise)
5. Bake for about 18-20min
- or you can insert a knife (The knife will come out clean when it's done.)
6. Remove from muffin pan and enjoy!
For an easy To-Go Breakfast:
**Once cooled place extras in Ziploc bags and freeze. You can defrost in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes before serving. **